Introducing: TRIBE Wallet! We’ve updated our worldwide payment process to make your experience smoother and super secure. There is a one-time set-up process and after that, the only time you have to think about payments is how you're going to spend them!
Got questions? We’ve got all the answers.
How do I activate my TRIBE Wallet?
You’ll be prompted to activate your TRIBE Wallet just once via email when you get your first win following the launch of this new payment process on February 11, 2021.
- You will receive an email prompting you to activate your wallet
Note: You will only receive the activation email once TRIBE processes your payment. So, if you have your payment option set to “pay me in 30 days”, then you’ll receive the activation email when the payment gets processed—which is in 30 days.
- Once you select ‘activate’ you’ll be directed to the new payment portal
- Verify yourself with your date of birth or Creator ID
Note: Your Creator ID can be found under the ‘Payment Method’ section in the app
- Select the type of account you’d like to create: individual or business. “Individual” should be selected for a Sole Proprietor or a Single-Member LLC. “Business” should be selected for a Corporation, Partnership or Limited Liability Company
Note: Most of our Creators will likely fall into "individual".
- Add additional personal details to your wallet (like date of birth and address etc.)
Note: Only your phone number is mandatory
- Then enter your password and security questions
- Select your transfer method: PayPal* or Bank Account
Note: You can add multiple payment methods and select one to be ‘default’
- Once you select your payment method, you’ll be paid within 30 minutes for PayPal payments, and 3 - 5 days for bank payments
Do I have to go through the above process every time I am paid through TRIBE?
Absolutely not! The above process is a one-time set-up process.
What are the payment options?
You can select to be paid via PayPal or direct debit into a chosen bank account.
What happens once my TRIBE Wallet is activated?
Unless you wish to change your payment method, you don’t need to do anything else once it is activated.
Can I change my payment method after I have activated my TRIBE Wallet?
You sure can! Hop into your wallet portal whenever you like to update your information and payment method.
Where do I find my Creator ID to activate my TRIBE Wallet?
Once TRIBE Wallet has been released, your Creator ID can be found under ‘Payment Method’ in the ‘YOU’ section of the app.
Why have I never seen my Creator ID before?
A Creator ID is a new concept on TRIBE and will only appear after the release of TRIBE Wallet.
Should I set up an individual or business account?
“Individual” should be selected for a Sole Proprietor or a Single-Member LLC. “Business” can be selected for a partnership, public or private company, not-for-profit organization or a government entity.
Will my TRIBE Wallet show all my past TRIBE payments?
No. The portal will not have historical payment data. Only the payments made after the feature was released will be recorded in your TRIBE Wallet.
*If selecting PayPal as your transfer method, you must ensure your email address used is the same as the one you used to sign up to TRIBE. If it is different, then you should add a secondary email address to your PayPal account.
For all queries related to TRIBE payments, please drop us a line via “Chat with Us” in the TRIBE app.