So as you may have noticed, Facebook is making updates in the influencer world. They are now making it mandatory to upgrade and link your Instagram account to a Facebook Page (brand or business) in order to be a recognised Creator in their ecosystem.
Check out our blog post to find out why connecting your Instagram Account to a Facebook Page will make you more $$!
So without wasting time, we've broken down exactly how you can do this. You’ll need to:
- Ensure you’ve upgraded your Instagram account to a Creator or Business account
- Ensure you’ve connected your Instagram account to a Facebook Page
How Do I Upgrade to a Creator Account?
The reasons to upgrade to a Creator account are endless. So how do you do it? It’s easy — make the switch in 15 secs:
- Open up the Instagram app
- Go to Menu from your profile page (top right corner)
- Click on ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Account’
- Select ‘Switch to Professional Account’ at the bottom of the page
- Follow the prompts to set up your account
How do I Connect my Instagram Account to a Facebook Page?
Now that you’ve upgraded your Instagram account, go through the steps to complete connecting your account:
- Go to the ‘YOU’ tab in the bottom right corner of the TRIBE app
- Tap on the big + sign above ‘Add a social account’ at the top of the screen
- Choose Instagram
- Read the requirements on connecting to Instagram and tap ‘Continue’
- Now you’ll be redirected to the Facebook platform
- Select ‘Continue as [yourself]’
- Select the Instagram account(s) you’d like to connect and tap ‘Next’
- Select the Facebook Page(s) connected to your Instagram account(s) and tap ‘Next’ - TIP: You’ll have to connect your Instagram account to a Facebook Page before going through this process
- Toggle ON both “Access profile and posts…” and “Manage your Pages” options and tap ‘Done’
- Woohoo! You’ve now linked TRIBE to your Instagram account
Can I Connect a Facebook Page via the Instagram App?
Of course you can! Here’s how:
- Once you’re in the Instagram app, open Menu and go to Settings
- Go to the Creator or Business section
- Select Connect a Facebook Page
- Choose Connect existing Page
- Select the Page from a list and tap Done
What If I Don’t Have a Facebook Page to Link to?
It’s easy to create one! This will allow brands to cross promote your content on Facebook—increasing the reach of your post.
How Can I Do This Directly In Instagram?
Easy! When you’re up to the Connect a Facebook Page prompt in your settings (see ‘Can I Connect a Facebook Page Directly Through Instagram?’ above), select Create Facebook Page. Instagram then does its mojo and automatically creates one with the same name as your Instagram handle. Once the Page in Facebook loads, you’re done!
What If I Have Issues Connecting Through Instagram?
That’s okay! You can connect your Facebook Page to your Instagram account through Facebook too!
Here’s how on desktop:
- Head to your Facebook Page
- Click Settings at the top of your page
- Select Instagram on the left side column
- Scroll down and select Connect Account
- Enter your Instagram username and password and Log In